1. Tämä sivusto käyttää evästeitä. Jatkamalla tämän sivuston käyttöä, annat suostumuksesi evästeiden käytöllemme. Lue lisää.

Nokia N81, N95 8GB, 5610, 5310, N-Gage ja NMS

Keskustelu osiossa 'Microsoft ja Nokia', aloittaja Morgue, 29/8/07.

1. Morgue Bannattu tunnus

Tykkäykset:
  2. Jollemi

Jollemi Aktiivinen jäsen

Tykkäykset:
    Puhelinmalli:
    Kaikenlaisia kapuloita
  3. Jollemi

Jollemi Aktiivinen jäsen

Tykkäykset:
    Puhelinmalli:
    Kaikenlaisia kapuloita
    N95 8GB Q&A:

Esppy: First again !

Whats the battery capacity ? LOL :p

N95 8GB Product Manager: The battery is 1200mAh

BeerBong: What was the Idea behind the Nokia N95 8GB? It this the Response of Nokia to the Complaints of the Internet Forum World/Blogosphere?

N95 8GB Product Manager: The main theme was exactly to listen to the feedback we've received on N95 and try to make things better. In addition to normal consumer research we do, reviews and the feedback from blogosphere is really helpful for us/; its just great to me to get direct comments from real users. And I think we managed to respond quite well to what people really want.

Jollemi: Are there any software improvements on the N95 8GB, compared to the regular N95?

N95 8GB Product Manager: In addition to those HW changes we've updated quite a bit on SW side. new multimedia menus are the first step to new contend driven UIs, new Maps sw, faster camera + other improvements here and there

Mobilereviews: Aside from the battery effect, the internal 8GB memory will have, what other improvements have been done (e.g. the brower)? Is there more memory available (RAM) to the user. This is the main disadvantage of the N95. The browser is really RAM hungry.

N95 8GB Product Manager: Yep, memory has been one of the comments we've got and now it is doubled and it shoud be way better use experience with browser and multiple apps running background

Markguim: Are there any changes to the flash? Xenon?

N95 8GB Product Manager: There is led flash in N95 8GB

BeerBong: And i think this is one question, that has come in everyone's mind so far: Why is Nokia presenting this Device now and not back in October last Year INSTEAD of the current N95?

N95 8GB Product Manager: In general we've got tremendously good feedback on original N95 but there has been some clear weaknesses pointed out by you guys as real hard core users. So there is always a learning curve when doing something really new nobody has tried before.. and hope we did well with 8GB this time.?

Lassagne: What's the release date in France ? and the price ?

N95 8GB Product Manager: The product will be available in volumes in Oct. the price will be approx 560€ without local taxes

Markguim: Will there be N-Gage experience for Mac users?

N95 8GB Product Manager: I don't know exactly the n-gage support for Mac but in general N95 8GB appears as external hard drive and you can drag and drop files. we expect that there is also iSync support our device in Tiger

Whatleydude: Will I be able to part-ex my N95 for an 8GB variant?!

N95 8GB Product Manager: I guess that you can't get extra memory chips on your N95 pwb and the sw wouldnt work either.

BeerBong: I still don't get the Point why we still get a QVGA Screen, stretched to 2,8"! This is the only Downside i've found so far on this Device - didn't mention the SLider yet! hehe..

N95 8GB Product Manager: Yes there is still QWGA, but actually you can see the difference on screen size when holding 8GB next to it's predecessor. Video quality and e.g. visibilty of subtitles is really stunning to me, as they say in marketing papers..

Nokian: Is the build quality improved? This was one of the main downside of N95. Does it feel solid ? No more sckueking, cracking slider space...etc??

N95 8GB Product Manager: Regarding the build quality.. I guess you'll get objective comments soon from the blogger guys here at the London but what I heard from them was positive: handfeel, weight balance, slider, improved key cluster, all had gone further.

Nechbi: Does it support MicroSD as well as having 8GB internal? Also has the system memory been improved like the new US variant so that there will be less 'Out of memory' errors?

N95 8GB Product Manager: There is not unfortunatelly microSD slot, we needed to find a place for the 8G

BeerBong: What has been the Idea of putting the Slider BEHIND the Screen Part? For the bigger Screen only or will we see a very improved Slider?

N95 8GB Product Manager: We increased the size of the display, the slider is pretty much the same, although we have lot's of more experience from N95 to manufacture that slider mechs.

Jollemi: Has the TV-out resolution changed from the N95? Has there been any improvements to the GPS? The N95 has A-GPS nowadays as well, so does the N95 8GB have something to offer GPS wise, that the N95 can't do or doesn't have?

N95 8GB Product Manager: TV out is the same, Regarding to GPS, the maps app has been improved and I think that's the biggest alongside the A-GPS

Mobilereviews: What GPS chip is used, the old one or a SIRFIII?

N95 8GB Product Manager: Unfortunately I don't know the GPS chip

4. olli89

Tykkäykset:
    Puhelinmalli:
    Htc pro2 Saunalahti
    n95 8gb

nokian suuntaus on että puhelimeen laitetaan 8gb muisti mutta ei muistikortti paikkaa..se voi kostautua muutamien voisien päästä koska muut valmistajat tuovat vielkin isompia muisteja..mutta näin ensi ajatuksella tuohan on ihan mukavaa että on muistia paljon.. :)

nykyinen n95 on niin hyvä että en lähde vaihtamaa 4gb kortti toimii ja se riittää mulle..

5. sovelias Vuoden foorumilainen -06/-05/-03

Tykkäykset:
    Vaikea kuvitella että ko laitetta myydään muutamia vuosia.

6. captain

captain

Tykkäykset:
    Puhelinmalli:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Puhelinta usein pidetään noin 1,5-3 vuotta ja esim. nykyinen n95 tukee kortteja vaikka 32 gigaan asti. Tässä ilmeisesti tarkoitettiin että valmistajat tuovat suurempia muistikortteja. Ensi vuonna puhutaan jo 8GB ja mahdollisesti sitä suuremmastakin micro SD kortista (Tulipas sekavaa tekstiä taas :))

7. traveller604

Tykkäykset:
    Ei pitäis lukea näitä ilmoituksia kun alkaa aina himottamaan puhelimen vaihto. N95 on hyvä mutta on siinä vitusti vikaakin (ja kaikkea ei voi softalla korjata). 8gb malli ois kyllä niin mahtava mutta ei pysty vaihtamaan.. vuoden kahden päästä vasta.. noh :)

8. coffee

coffee

Tykkäykset:
    Eikä n-gage platformia julkaistukkaan?

9. WS

WS Aktiivinen jäsen

Tykkäykset:
  10. Jollemi

Jollemi Aktiivinen jäsen

Tykkäykset:
    Puhelinmalli:
    Kaikenlaisia kapuloita
    N-Gage alusta Q&A:

Jollemi: To which devices are the Ngage services going to be available? Only to the Nseries devices?

N-Gage Product Manager: Hi there. We have announced N-Gage compatibility with 7 devices today: N81, N81 8GB, N95, N95 8GB, N93, N93i, N73 but we'll be announcing more on an ongoing basis. Not only Nseries devices but other Nokia S60 devices as well.

Darla: Will the addition of the N-Gage platform be available as a download or a fw update for other Nseries devices such as the N95? And if so, when?

N-Gage Product Manager: Hi Darla. When we launch later in the year, the N-Gage application will be available as a free download from the N-Gage.com website (on PC or mobile). Afterwards, it will be pre-installed on new compatible devices going forward. N95 will be a compatible device. You can sign up a launch notification email or sms on N-Gage.com.

irfun4ever: i really wonder price of n81 normal edition, i hope it will be cheap...

N-Gage Product Manager: Hi there. N-Gage technology is currently only compatible with S60 3rd edition devices, however we have only confirmed seven devices as of today. Lots more devices will be announced on an ongoing basis.

irfun4ever: When we will see new multiplayer based games on next gen platform like, habbo island, spirits, PK, new redlynx games, ptg, hs .... i saw on n-gage site only 2-3 games supports multiplayer, like first party games of first gen n-gage

N-Gage Product Manager: There are lots of games in development right now, both first party and third party titles, the games aren't finished yet so the feature sets may still change a bit. Many titles will be multiplayer. All titles will have connected features of some sort, such as global rankings. All games will also support N-Gage Points system, so you can earn points from achievements in any N-Gage title.

11. Jollemi

Jollemi Aktiivinen jäsen

Tykkäykset:
    Puhelinmalli:
    Kaikenlaisia kapuloita
    Nokia Music Store Q&A:

Jollemi: Why did you decide to use DRM? Was it a requirement from the record label(s)?

NMS Manager: DRM is required by many content owners and Nokia wants to provide as much content as possible in Nokia music store.

JakuB: There are lot of stores with music. Why do we need another? Is Nokia Music Store different?

NMS Manager: There are many stores available but Nokia music store is the first one to provide seamless user experience between mobile and PC. User can access the store dfrom the mobile or from PC -- and also synch files between these domains. We are also providing streaming service for PC, addition to normal song download (albums and á la carte download).

Jollemi: Does the NMS (Nokia Music Store) have the possibility to redownload the song you have bought, if you have for an example sold your phone and during the format, forgot that you had it there? This is one of the major flaws which bothers me in iTunes.

NMS Manager: Yes that is possible.

Nokian: How about streaming from mobile via wifi or 3G

NMS Manager: Currently, streaming service is only available for PC but we are studying the possiblity to use that also directly from the mobile. Naturally the bandwidth has been major restriction in the past.

JakuB: Is some "community" around NMS planned? Something like last.fm?

NMS Manager: About communities: Nokia Music Store will evolve and this is something we are also studying. We already have Music Recommenders service which has some community elements. E.g. last.fm has shown that sharing the music experience with your friends is definitely a serious use case for consumers.

Jollemi: Can you download a song in several different formats or in different qualities? In mobile phones, you don't usually need a 320kbps MP3 for music, but I have a decent speaker system and studio quality headphones attached to my PC, and I would hate to listen to anything under 192kbps through the PC.

NMS Manager: About formats: We are using the same format for both domains. Many serious music users have quality headset and using those should be possible also with mobile. Also, from the usability point of view it is much easier if the "normal user" does not have to think about file formats when purchasing or synching music. But Nokia terminals will naturally support also other formats and bitrates.

JakuB: NMS will be availible worldwide or just in selected countries?

NMS Manager: Availability: Music Store will be available globally. During this year there will be major European markets launched and then next year also many countries globally, e.g. in Asia. Music store will be fully localized for each country.

Jollemi: Will the NMS offer DRM free music in the future? Or possibly have a "NMS+" selection for DRM free music, like iTunes has with iTunes+.

NMS Manager: DRM free: Not at the moment but we are in discussion with all the relevant industry player about this. We want to provide all the possible music content to customers.

Nokian: Because the ceo`s mentioned that its going to be subscription based, what happens if the music store shuts down? do we loose all our music?

NMS Manager: Subscription: Streaming service is subscription based, paid by monthly fee. Then you can stream the whole catalog on your PC. Music downloads are not sub

JakuB: If NMS will be subscription based (acc. to Nokian), I need Nokia phone for sync? Or I'll be able to sync music from NMS to any DRM device?

NMS Manager: device synch: Windows DRM capable devicea can be used to play songs bought from the store. You can use your Windows Media Player 11 to synch files to your device.

Darla: Will the PC client be a separate application or will it be incorporated into PC suite somehow? Also, will this replace the existing Transfer Music thats in PC Suite?

NMS Manager: PC app: Users can use Windows Media Player or upcoming Nokia PC client for music management. Nokia PC client will be available during this year and it will also support albums arts with Nokia devices.

Jollemi: Will the PC application work under Linux and Mac?

NMS Manager: mac/linux support: PC app will be Windows application. We have Nokia Multimedia Transfer app for Mac which can be used for transferring music to Nokia devices (actually I am writing on a MacBook Pro at this very moment :)

Nokian: So the streaming its going to be a paid service? Because at the keynote one of the ceo mentioned that we can stream and listen for free....?

NMS Manager: streaming: It is a monthly subscription service. You can then stream the whole catalog without limitations from your PC. Price is 10€/month (8 pound for UK).

Jollemi: How will you be able to pay the music? Credit / debit card only?

NMS Manager: Payment: By credit card always (just like in any Internet service) and in many countries there will be also other options.

JakuB: So if I'll want buy song from NMS I'll must to have this 10€/month subscription?

NMS Manager: subscrition: Individual songs and albums can be purchased as such, 1€/tune, 10€/album. Monhtly subscription is for PC streaming service, then you can stream the whole catalog on yout PC.

Jollemi: Payment via text message, so the mobile phone operator will bill the customer in the end, will work in some certain countries? I'd imagine this would bring lots of young customers which just can't buy music from other stores because a credit card is required.

NMS Manager: payment #2: This is available for some countries.

vveerrgg: Will the NMS also contain a "podcast / RSS / XML" listing environment for people who regularly follow that type of content? Or with the store be limited to paid material?

NMS Manager: podcasts: At the first phase that is not supported but we are studying that. Obviously, podcasting is very interesting for users and we already have Podcasting supported in many Series60 devices.

JakuB: Will be NMS somehow included into Nokia phones? I can imagine it like that: you're listening to something from artist "xyz" and in menu will be "more from xyz at NMS". Is something like that planned?

NMS Manager: store in phones: Not exactly like that at the moment. There is already in N81 music player a "find in music store" option.

12. sovelias Vuoden foorumilainen -06/-05/-03

Tykkäykset:
    N95 8GB
    NAND Memory: 256 MB, SDRAM Memory: 128 MB ,~90 MB Free Executable RAM Memory

Eli nyt RAMi sama kuin E90ssa, tuo todellista potkua moneen käyttöön.

N81
    CPU Type: ARM 11, CPU Clock Rate: 369 MHz
    Max User Storage: 12 MB, NAND Memory: 128 MB, SDRAM Memory: 96 MB ~42 MB Free Executable RAM Memory (Eli vapaata RAMia tuplat vs. aijemmat samalla raudalla)

WLAN löytyy myös, hyvä lisä keskihintaiseen N sarjaan.

13. albatross22 Aktiivinen jäsen

Tykkäykset:
    Heille jotka osaavat ruotsia, niin alla olevasta linkistä löytyy jotain tietoja/kuvia Nokian uutuuksista. Selaa vaan otsikoita alaspäin. Ovat jo esimerkiksi päässeet kokeilemaan N95 8GB mallia.

http://www.mobil.se/

14. Morgue Bannattu tunnus

Tykkäykset:
  15. klade

Tykkäykset:
    Puhelinmalli:
    Nokia N95 8GB
  16. slayer666

slayer666

Tykkäykset:
    Puhelinmalli:
    Apple iPhone 4 ja Sonera
    oliskos tosta 5610:stä vielä mitään teknisiä tietoja missään??

17. Morgue Bannattu tunnus

Tykkäykset:
  18. Rickhard

Tykkäykset:
    Niin no. Tulihan N81:stä samalla muistikortillinen versio, jos jollekin ei riitä 8GB tai se on liikaa :D

19. coffee

coffee

Tykkäykset:
    Miksi N81 painaa enemmän kuin N95 vaikka on pienempi mitoiltaan.

20. coffee

coffee

Tykkäykset:

Jaa tämä viestiketju