1. Tämä sivusto käyttää evästeitä. Jatkamalla tämän sivuston käyttöä, annat suostumuksesi evästeiden käytöllemme. Lue lisää.

New out of the box Nokia E61i with screen problems, "dark spots" ?

Keskustelu osiossa 'Microsoft ja Nokia', aloittaja minster, 15/11/07.

1. minster

Tykkäykset:
    Hello,

I just bought this brand new Nokia E61i.

At the top of the screen (see enclosed pic, dark spots are pointed out with yellow arrows) are 6 small pcs of dark shadows/spots. These spots are more visible on light backgrounds and depending on the viewers angle.

I wonder wheter these "spots" are typical for the E61 and E61i screens as I believe both phone models share the same type of 2,8" TFT screen.

Have anyone else experienced the same thing? and what may be the cause of it? or could it in fact be that the screen on my new E61i is faulty.

You may also write answers in Finnish.

Thank you.

[​IMG]

2. J.J-75 Bannattu tunnus

Tykkäykset:
    No, it's Nokias attribute which Nokia offers. Don´t be so amazed. Take it to the Nokias service if it's quarantedmachine... if it bothers.

Quarantedmachine... hmmm... I´m not thinking anything, I wasted my time.

3. samumanu Vieras

I tested brand new e61i and it doesn't do that, there is no dark spots. Lightning is same everywhere.

4. minster

Tykkäykset:
    Thanks for the reply...

I contacted a service depratment they said its the spacing between the leds at the top of the screen thats causing the shadows so I guess its pretty normal, still I think its a bit strange to have this "defect" on a high quality phone. I have tested other phones with even larger screens and they still dont have this problem with led shadows. I always thought Nokias was perfect in every aspect :)

5. Paerae

Paerae Aktiivinen jäsen

Tykkäykset:
    Puhelinmalli:
    Kuuminthottiii+Elisa:)
    no not in every aspect :/

yea, but if you are not satisfied with the quality, just return the product to the store you bought it from and say that either you want your money back or a replacement ;) if you pay "many money" :)P) from a top quality phone that should look and work great, i think you then can return the phone if there is something "wrong" with it. just let them know that those dark areas in screen are not common.. (e.g. let them show another phone) :)

6. visentti

Tykkäykset:
    Puhelinmalli:
    E51
    This "defect" is also visible on my 8800 sirocco, too. Especially when looking the screen from very low angle. So how's this possible in Nokia's (soon former, though) flagship? ;)

As already said, this is not the case with every phone as for example I didn't find it on my 6600...

7. minster

Tykkäykset:

Yes, and how much was that phone? like 800 euros or so... for that money you should get a perfect screen. Im sure its not a technical issue considering all the advanced features that are put into the top-models but probably very few are complaining about the led shadows and therefore Nokia dont bother dealing with it... people buy the phones anyway. Maybe its time to put some pressure on Nokia :)

Okay, the shadows are not the end of the world but we all know how picky we are when we buy a new monitor for our home computer, most people freak out if they find one dead pixel on their new screen, so why should we settle with dark spots on our mobile phone.

Jaa tämä viestiketju